North American Engineering & Design – Example One
We are proud to provide quality engineered chairs and other church furniture from Blue Ridge Church Furniture, Chairs4Worship, Prestige Pulpits and other selected companies.
One Viewpoint on Chairs from China
No company which sells chairs for less than about $50* can afford to have them made in the USA or Canada. Labour rates are high enough that it is impossible to make a quality chair that stays together for a price equal to or less than the chairs we offer.
If China is a good enough for Apple, why not your church? Isn’t it quality that counts? Designed in North America, made in China fits. It is part of our daily lives.
|Yes most of the wooden church furniture is built right here in North America and we are proud of the craftsmen in the Blue Ridge Mountains area who make them.|
But metal-frame chairs, in order to be competitively priced must be made in an area with cheap labour, usually China.
|If you think that is a bad thing and that they should all be made here in North America, then make sure you DO NOT BUY ANYTHING with electronics as part of the product such as electronic parts of stoves, refrigerators, freezers, TV sets, and all electronic goods which are|
partially or fully made in China!
Some may feel that North American workers are not getting their fair share of business. Maybe that is true. But then American labour requires much higher salaries and benefits than do foreign workers in Asia. I understand why you want to employ North American workers because I am one!
|Something to think about before you reject China as a source for chairs or any product. The iPad was not designed or engineered in China nor are the chairs we sell! So when you buy chairs from us, this is what happens.|
- As a Christian, I believe in fairness to all peoples which is why Jesus the Christ died for all of us. He died for the Chinese as well.
- If Chinese workers build chairs, then they get a lot more money than tending rice pads with water buffalo
- That makes the Chinese people more prosperous. More prosperous people like free countries.
- I never ask what country ships my goods from other lands but they could be Canadian or American
- The workers on the docks, are North Americans. (NA)
- The distributing companies wholesaling chairs to dealers like myself are North American as are all of their employees! In fact this summer I watched as Blue Ridge Church Furniture employees opened stacks of chairs and systematically checked each one to make sure there were no faults. Then they brushed them to make sure no lint from the fabric process would be left on any chairs.
- The truck drivers live in NA.
- The customs brokers live and work in NA.
- The freight companies which own the trucks are North American
- My webhosting company is North American!
- I am North American. I am a senior attempting to supplement my government pensions in a respectable responsible way without relying upon government assistance. Do not make assumptions that you really do not know anything about. The book I wrote called Joyful Mourning gives you a little appreciation as to where some of our retirement savings went.
- So for all of you who buy from Church Furniture Canada, thank you very much for supporting not only MANY North American jobs but also for enriching impoverished foreign workers! May God bless you for caring!
- You can rest assured that a portion of any profits made are donated to charities which we know use them well to help the oppressed, the poor, the downtrodden, the captives, the people that Jesus said that he came to help.
- Due to our last two years of high sales from our customers Church Furniture Canada was able to sponsor a child, Adonis from Nicaragua through Compassion Canada.
- If you still decide to buy from some other companies which may have similarly-priced chairs because they lead you to believe that their chairs are all MADE in North America, that is your right. But do you actually know that as a fact? Is it reasonable to believe that North Americans which have much higher labor rates are actually making chairs the same price as the Chinese? Good luck!)
|If you disagree with purchasing products from China be prepared to pay more or get a cheapened chair with fabric which will not last or cheap foam which after a while decomposes so that you are left sitting on a thin layer of cheap foam feeling the discomfort of the plywood core. Use reputable vendors as we do.|
*Excluding sales ofcourse where there may be too many of one kind of chair. That is different.
What ARE church chairs? Well, they have to be comfortable enough to cushion the back and the seat but not so “cushy” that someone can go to sleep! 🙂
Another answer might be” A PIECE OF FOAM! Yes, we say “a piece of special high density foam” because if the foam in the seat is NOT right, and you are not comfortable for an hour or more of listening, then what is the sense of that piece of DISCOMFORT having legs and a padded back???
You probably figured that by now, we are making a case for THE RIGHT STUFF hidden inside the seat. And if it isn’t right, how dare anyone call it a church chair! Call it a cheap chair! May not have been cheap to buy but it was CHEAP to MAKE!
In fact I will not name the company directly but a customer sent me a flyer from another Canadian chair company. This flyer was advertising chairs MUCH BELOW their normal price. By reading carefully I noticed that in very fine print on the bottom of the flyer that these special chairs had varying fabric warranties from 1- 5 years ONLY! What good is a church chair WITH FABRIC THAT COULD WEAR OUT IN 2 OR MORE YEARS??? No matter how good their normal chairs are, why would any honest company hide such a notice in SMALL PRINT right near the BOTTOM OF THE PAGE??? Were they trying to hide something?
At Church Furniture Canada and any other companies I have started and run, we would NEVER, NO NEVER try to sell a cheapened-down-chair just to bring in some extra business!!! My conscience would NEVER allow me to. So why would any other company???
If the foam is not right, then you DO NOT HAVE A CHURCH CHAIR! Not yelling, just emphasizing! 🙂
BRCF makes high quality high density foam padded chairs which are selected by a large number of dealers who deal in quality and churches who want value for their money. I personally have NEVER sold anything that I would NOT want to buy myself!
BRCF Chairs are great for many uses!
Some ides to be chair-ished 🙂
- church sanctuaries
- church banquet halls
- Sunday School classes
- multipurpose rooms
- board rooms
- apartment meeting rooms
- small offices
- Christian schools, separate schools, public schools, staff rooms, teachers’ rooms
- funeral homes
- dentist offices
- financial offices
- many other uses
Chairs are always cheaper in quantity of 100+
- Don’t need 100? Will you in a year or two?
- Could you combine your order with the orders from other nearby churches and have them delivered to one spot?
- Always cheaper if delivered to one location.
Why Chairs Instead of Pews?
- Less expensive
- More comfortable
- Lumbar supporting
- More Seniors
- Easy to move
- Can use one space for more than one purpose when chairs are able to be moved out
- Could a sanctuary become a youth room withe pews?
- Will more people stay in church because the seating does not hurt their back?